We recently co-hosted a GDPR in Review seminar with Philip Lee Solicitors to explore the trends and developments in data protection since the legislation came into operation almost a year ago.
As a 'part 2' to our GDPR event last year in the run up to the legislation, our Management Consulting partner Terry McAdam linked up again with Eoghan Doyle and Sophie O'Connor in Philip Lee to share with clients what they have been seeing since 25th May last year.
Nicola Coogan from the Data Protection Commission also presented some insightful stats on how businesses in Ireland are coping with the new legislation.
10 months following its implementation, many organisations are still struggling to meet their legal obligations. This seminar provided a comprehensive review of recent trends and developments, including:
- GDPR compliance programmes – pitfalls and tips
- DPC Annual Report
- International data transfers and Brexit
- Data processing agreements
- Subject access requests
- Data breaches
- Recent case studies and judgements
- Eoghan Doyle – Partner, Philip Lee
- Sophie O’Connor – Associate, Philip Lee
- Terry McAdam - Management Consulting Partner, RSM Ireland
- Nicola Coogan – Head of International Transfers, Assistant Commissioner, Data Protection Commission
Click the button to download the full slide deck.
If you have any questions please get in touch. We also have a handy guide and template available here for conducting a Data Protection Impact Assessment.